Within the framework of Eurostat’s European Statistical Training Programme (ESTP), DevStat in corsotium with the Lithuanian Department of Statistics and the National Statistical Institute of Bulgaria is currently assisting Eurostat in the organisation of the ESTP courses aiming at:
- Raising the overall quality of European Statistics;
- Raising the qualification of statisticians in the ESS in order to promote their independence in line with the Code of Practice;
- Encouragin both theoretical and practical learning and development; and
- Encouraging the exchange of best practices, know how and experience.
During the first year of implementation a total of six training courses on the following selected statistical topics are being organised:
- Time Series Econometrics [22, 23 and 24 February 2016 in Valencia (Spain)].
- Behavioural Economics [2, 3 and 4 March 2016 in Valencia (Spain)].
- The Use of R in Official Statistics: model based estimates [5, 6 and 7 April 2016 in Viena (Austria)].
- Can a Statistician become a Data Scientist? [8, 9 and 10 June 2016 in Valencia (Spain)].
- Cognitive Interviewing [15 and 16 September 2016 in Viena (Austria)].
- Statistical Matching and Record Linkage [19, 20 and 21 September 2016 in Valencia (Spain)].
The ESTP courses will target mainly officials and employees of National Statistical Institutes and ONAs (Other National Authorities) within the European Statistical System (ESS). Some courses can be delivered also to staff of the European Commission.